I haven’t blogged in months, people, because lookie! I got licensed and insured and am officially in business to get a 2 net carb pizza crust…or flatbread…or wrap…into the market. It’s currently only available to people in Kansas City, as I am just now officially underway, but the goal is to get it picked up nationally and into stores…there are many steps to get there, but for now, I am so excited to get this Keto pizza crust out there. For updates, please like the Fattyhead Facebook Page. Cheers!
Rice and bread and pasta! Those new to Keto long for substitutes for their favorite starch. Hemp hearts make a fantastic rice substitute! Versatile enough to add bulk to many dishes. The keto recipe below is a cooked rice-substitute dish, but cooking hemp hearts is not required. They can be added raw to any dish, sprinkled on salad even. Get creative.
Hemp Heart Rice Substitute Recipe
Sauté 1/2 small onion in 1T Kerrygold butter. Add 6T hemp hearts, 1/2 cup chicken stock, 4 oz cut chicken breast and cover for about 5 minutes. Then add 1 cup chopped spinach. I also threw in a few pine nuts. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Makes 2 servings.
That is no tortilla, Keto warriors. That is a cheese wrap. Low carb. Healthy fat. Savory gluten free Keto enchiladas.
Keto Enchilada Ingredients
Chicken breast, cream cheese, canned red enchilada sauce, canned green chilies, red onion, bell pepper, avocado oil, cheddar cheese slices, cilantro, scallions, black olives, salt, pepper, liquid aminos (or coconut animos), garlic, chili powder.
Keto Enchilada Directions
1. Marinate and then sauté the following in 1/4 cup avocado oil: 8 ounce chicken breast sliced into strips, 1 T Liquid or coconut aminos, 1/2 red onion and 1/2 red bell pepper cut into large pieces, 1/2 t minced garlic, salt, pepper, chili powder.
2. Arrange 2 cheddar cheese slices per enchilada onto parchment paper and bake at 400 degrees until bubbly. Don’t overcook, or they will not be pliable.
3. Pull veggie pieces from pan and put in blender with 1 T softened cream cheese, 2 T green chilies. Blend and add back to chicken.
4. Once cheese slices are slightly cooled, add chicken mix on top and roll into cheese wrap. Arrange on plate.
5. Top with warmed red enchilada sauce, black olives, scallions, cilantro.
If you’re new to Keto, have a look around. I keep things super simple, from recipes to Keto concepts. You’ll see a few links to products I like. If you click and buy, I earn a teensy weensy commission but you won’t pay one penny more. Thank you ever so kindly!