Keto and low carbers often lament the loss of crunch in their altered eating choices. Socially, we like a little chip and dip action for game day, office parties, holiday gatherings, and rainy Sunday afternoons. A variation on the fathead dough so popular among Keto Warriors is the answer! Specifically, Laura’s KetoKrust concoction…these sesame garlic fathead crackers I just made! And low carb dips offer a healthy array of options, from guacamole dip to salsa to cream cheese and fondue dips.
Sesame Garlic Fathead Cracker Recipe
Ingredients: almond flour, egg, cream cheese, fresh mozzarella, sesame seeds, garlic, salt, pepper, milled flax seed (optional).
- In small saucepan, melt 2 T Kerrygold butter.
- Add 1/4 t minced garlic, 2 T sesame seeds. 1/4 t salt.
- Roast over medium low heat for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In medium saucepan over very low heat, melt 8 oz fresh mozzarella and 1T whipped cream cheese. Stir frequently until spoon moves easily through the cheeses
- Add 1 small egg, 3/4 C almond flour, 1/2 of the roasted sesame seeds, 1 T milled flax seed (optional). Stir well and let cool a few minutes.
- Between two pieces of parchment paper, roll out dough, no thicker than 1/4 inch.
- With a saute brush, top with remaining butter and sesame seeds. Top with fresh ground pepper.
- Use a knife or flat-edge spatula to separate dough into cracker shapes. A tiny separation is all that’s needed for the edges to brown. Use fork to poke holes in dough to prevent bubbles.
- Bake at 380, for about 20 minutes. Less cooking time will make them softer like pita bread. More cooking time will add the crunch like crackers.
- Lower heat to 300 and bake for additional 10 minutes, depending on your preference.
- Let cool before separating. Use with your favorite dip!