I haven’t blogged in months, people, because lookie! I got licensed and insured and am officially in business to get a 2 net carb pizza crust…or flatbread…or wrap…into the market. It’s currently only available to people in Kansas City, as I am just now officially underway, but the goal is to get it picked up nationally and into stores…there are many steps to get there, but for now, I am so excited to get this Keto pizza crust out there. For updates, please like the Fattyhead Facebook Page. Cheers!
I’ve recently discovered Havarti cheese so naturally, a Keto cheesesteak made sense. Havarti melts really well. I used it both as a topper for the veggies and to thicken the sauce a tad.
Keto Cheesesteak with Havarti Recipe
1. Sauté 3 stalks celery and 3 green onion stalks in 1/2 cup bone broth and 1 T butter. Season with tarragon, salt, pepper.
2. When celery is slightly soft, add 4 cherry tomatoes and handful of fresh spinach. Add one slice Havarti cheese and stir till melted.
3. Arrange drained veggies on plate and sauté 4 ounces flank steak in remaining juice.
4. Top veggies with another slice Havarti cheese and top with steak.
Bell peppers would be a delicious addition, but I had to go with what I had in the fridge. Keto eating is all about invention, creativity, and experimentation. This is a hearty, savory, filling meal. Bone broth has a host of benefits including improving gut health. You can buy it in cartons or make homemade bone broth.
If you’re new to Keto, have a look around. I keep things super simple, from recipes to Keto concepts. You’ll see a few links to products I like. If you click and buy, I earn a teensy weensy commission but you won’t pay one penny more. Thank you ever so kindly!
You’ve heard of location, location, location? Well with keto, making simple dishes sometimes comes down to one ingredient: bacon, bacon, bacon. The nitrate-free variety for the cleanest eating possible. This Keto Chicken Bacon Bake recipe takes all of 20 minutes to toss together. Even less time if you’re doing the dairy-free version. With the healthy fats, you stay satiated more so than simply low-carb eating without the filling and brain-feeding fats.
Keto Chicken Bacon Bake Recipe
Keto Chicken Bacon Bake with cream cheese base
Dice two chicken breasts and season with Himalayan pink salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder.
Stir in diced chicken, 1 T avocado oil and pour into casserole dish.
Layer on 2 cups of chopped broccoli and 3 strips crumbled nitrate-free bacon.
Top with 4 ounces of cheese, your choice! Pictured is provolone and colby jack.
Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Eat, swoon, sit back full and happy!
Dairy-Free Version Pictured on Left
Dice two chicken breasts and season with salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder.
In casserole dish, layer in chicken, 2 cups chopped broccoli, 3 strips crumbled nitrate-free bacon.
Top with 4 ounces of dairy-free cheese, your choice! Pictured is Daiya mozzarella and cheddar.
Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
What Makes This Keto
1. Healthy Fats: dump the old oils that are inflammatory (corn, canola, vegetable, soybean), and bring in the healthy keto friendly oils (olive, coconut, avocado, grade-fed butter, ghee, nitrate-free bacon fat).
2. More Healthy Fats: cheese and cream cheese
3. The Salt: Himalayan Pink salt has micronutrients that table salt does not. And to avoid the Keto Flu, which is a loss of electrolytes (potassium, magnesium, salt), YOU NEED SALT. Especially if you’re doing clean keto, which means ingredients count. Dirty keto means people are concerned only with carb count.
If you’re new to keto, you might find the following links helpful.